Wednesday, August 5, 2009

On the road to recovery

Today was a much better day. I finally slept well since Brian's been gone. Hopefully it continues. The boys are camping out on my bedroom floor tonight! I dug through all my receipts last night after I put the boys to bed and finally found my receipt for the freezer...oddly enough it was in the pile marked "gas"...hmmmm......anyways....at least I have it. As it turns out, we bought it exactly 2 years ago this August. The compressor is under a warranty - a new repair guy came out today and looked it over. He ordered the part...so instead of a brand new freezer, we have paid for two service calls and will only have to cover the shipping cost of the compressor. It still hurts the pocketbook....oh well. It has to be fixed. Not sure when the new part will be here...it's coming from Portland, so hopefully soon. I spent this afternoon bleaching out the freezer and the garage floor. There was a lot of blood! YUCK!! It was really starting to smell! Luckily tomorrow is our garbage day and all that meat can disappear!
The boys and I are doing pretty good with Brian being gone. We sure do miss him tho...we have talked to him a couple times. They are doing well in San Francisco. It's pretty cool...as you can see in the picture they are having a night off in China Town - and Brian's wearing a long sleeved T. The kids are learning a lot and are having a great time serving. They arrive home Sunday around dinner!
Cameron is crawling all over the place...and is trying to pull himself up on everything. He wants to be in the middle of everything! He's also finding lots of little things on the floor around our house - I thought I kept this place pretty clean.... :)
Our new camera is on it's way...hopefully by the end of the week!
Well, I guess that's it for now. Better watch the ten o'clock news and then off to my 'camp-out' upstairs!

2 comments:

Apostle to Suburbia said...

Maureen, once the bleach dries and you've got it all sanitized, try filling a spray bottle with a couple tablespoons of white vinegar and the rest with water. Spray that in your fridge/freezer to get rid of smells. Bleach is good for killing germs. Vinegar is good for stopping smells. But don't use them at the same time, I think.

If you need a temporary camera, we have an old digital camera you could borrow. The resolution is not great--it's eight years old or so--but it would be something.

Glad things are going better!

Seidel Family said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll try it today!
Thanks for the camera offer...the new one should be here soon - for now, I'm using the camera on my phone. Not the best resolution, but it still takes pictures!
We've got thunderstorms today - making for great entertainment!