Monday, August 31, 2009

Major Milestones!


On Saturday, we celebrated Cameron's birthday. We had Grampy and Grammy and Uncle Mike here from Yakima as well as Grandpa Joe and Grandma Joan from Twin Falls. He loved all the attention! We opened presents and had cake. Here are a few pictures from the day. He loved the cake! A few of his favorite presents were the Cow from Aunt Sheryl and Uncle John and the Penguin from the boys! He actually turns 1 on Wednesday, but we wanted to celebrate with family. Oh, and we made all the boys wear party hats! Grandpa Joe wore his proudly! -- if you can see it, Brian's wearing 2 hats!!!









Today was Colin's first day of Kindergarten! He got up early with me - no problems! He actually couldn't go to sleep last night because he was so excited! I had 26 kids show up today - I have 27 on my list.We'll see how many show up tomorrow! Colin behaved so well! He wasn't a problem at all! He did start crying when it was time for everyone to get on the bus to go home - he really wanted to get on the bus with everyone else! How sad! There's no way he can ride the bus. I told him he can get on the bus and walk around tomorrow. Curtis went to daycare - and played hard with his friend, Dawson. Dawson was the naughty boy he played with all the time last year. Dawson took the summer off and is now back and is very nice! We'll see how long it lasts!!! Both of the big boys took 2 hour naps today! I even got a nap in! We went for a nice family walk tonight - to make sure everyone was ready for bed!
Curtis starts pre-school tomorrow! Brian will take pictures and we'll post them tomorrow evening!! He's so excited!
**On a side note, I cried today! Yes, I'm emotional - my baby boy started kindergarten! In these pictures, Colin is holding up a picture we made in class today. I read a story called "The Kissing Hand". It's about a little racoon who is afraid to go to school. His mother says she has a secret - she kisses the palm of his hand and then when he's feeling sad or scared, he can push the kiss to his cheek and she'll be there with him. When they get close to the school, they stop and look at the school. He says "mom, give me your hand" - he kisses her hand so that when she misses him, she can put the kiss to her cheek and feel his kiss! Of course I cried! My kids were like "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I said because I'm a mom, that's why!!!

No comments: