Brian made it home safe from his mission trip to SanFran...he had a wonderful time, but is so glad to be home. We spent all of Monday working on our front yard...getting rid of a flower bed and modifying two other ones...hopefully now we won't get any more nasty letters! If we do, I'm going to be so mad!!!
Our freezer has officially died. The repair man came today to put in the compressor that had been ordered...apparently the compressor was not bad after all...there is a leak somewhere in the freezer. It could possibly be fixed, but would cost double what we paid for the freezer and all the parts and labor would not be warranted...it would have to come out of pocket. The repair man was very nice and seemed to be honest with me....you women out there know what I'm talking about....you know, sometimes you aren't sure if you are being taken advantage of....in this instance, I really felt like he was being truthful. Unfortunately, that means we are going to have to wait to get a new freezer. We do have our emergency fund, but buying a new freezer really doesn't feel like an immediate emergency to us...oh well....those things go on sale, right?!?!
Cameron has been to the dr twice in the past week....last Monday, he had a nasty diaper rash and was given some cream for it. That has cleared up....however, Saturday afternoon, I noticed that he had a really bad red rash on his arms and legs...but not on his butt, tummy or back. I immediately thought it was a food allergy, but benedryl did not clear it up. It was still there Monday morning. He really doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but it looks horrible. It began to spread to his cheeks as well as his tummy and back. Monday, I took him to the dr. They did an instant strep test - which came back negative. They then grew it for 24 hours for a regular strep test. The dr said it was not chicken pox and not a food allergy (the rash does not resemble hives). The dr called today and said that the regular strep test came back negative...we're really stumped. He has no fever and no other major symptoms....just a horrible looking rash. We are going to wait it out, per the dr's recommendation. Please pray that it goes away with no more worries!
On a more positive note, our new camera should be arriving within the hour! I'm so excited! Our e-mail tracking code from fed ex says it's on a truck right now for delivery!! So, once we have it in our hot little hands, we'll get some pictures taken and put up on the blog!
We're off to our last church softball game of the summer! We're having a BBQ right before...should be fun and HOT! Today is suppose to be the hottest and then start cooling off! Yeah! The boys can go outside again!
Oh, and we moved beds today....our school schedule is going to be quite different this year. I leave for school at 7am. Brian and the boys use to get up and leave the house at 8:45am. Since Colin is coming with me, I'm going to have to wake him up at 6:30am. He is our sleeper, so this is going to be difficult! I wanted to be able to wake him up without getting Curtis up, so, we moved the crib into the big boy room and moved Colin's mattress into the nursery. (We have a twin bed frame at my parents' house in Yakima....gotta figure out how to get it here!) Since our routine will start in a week and a half, I am going to start waking Colin up at 6:30am tomorrow! We'll see how it goes! I am really hoping that getting up that early as well as kindergarten will poop him out!
Okay....well, I need to go get ready for softball. Brian and the big boys went early to set up - Cameron and I are bringing the food! We'll post pictures SOON!!! Love you all tons!
No comments:
Post a Comment