Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wedding & Vacation



Well............our dear aunt Sheryl is married! We have gained a wonderful uncle, John. He is so good to Sheryl and will make her so happy! Welcome to the family, John! Here are a few pictures of the wedding. It went off without a hitch. Brian performed the ceremony and did a great job. There were just a couple teary-eyed moments, but more laughs than anything. Colin and Curtis were amazing ring bearers. They loved walking down the isle...when the wedding party had left the sanctuary at the end of the wedding, the boys were like 'are we going to do it again?!!?' They looked absolutely adorable in their tuxes...as did Cameron in his bowtie. I thought I looked pretty nice in my dress.....the best thing was that it fit! My hair was up and beautiful...my husband could not figure out why it cost so much to have my hair done up, or why I couldn't just do it myself....men!
Brian flew home on Father's day....junior high camp started Sunday afernoon and he's speaking at the camp. He arrived there safe and said it's pretty cool there. He'll be home Friday...as will the rest of us. The boys and I are here in Yakima. We have been so busy - yesterday we drove to Seattle to visit great grandma Virginia and a few other family members (some distant cousins that we haven't seen in years!)
Today, we had our 3rd annual swim/lunch playdate with two of my high school friends and their kids. I love getting together with my old friends! Even now, 10 years later, we all still have so much common! We're all three teachers and have little kiddos!
The rest of our visit will be relaxing...we will go up and have lunch with our grampy (he works at a retirement home in the financial office)...he loves showing off his grandsons!!
So far, all in all, it has been a very good visit. The boys' naps have been a little off, but we have had very few tantrums and crying fits. I guess our parenting has been somewhat effective!!! :)

1 comment:

katieanne said...

You look great! Inspiration...