Saturday, October 9, 2010
Life Changing Moment....
I just wanted to let you know what's going on in our lives - Brian was riding his dirt bike Thursday evening and was thrown off over the handle bars. He was wearing his helmet, however has some extensive injuries. He was pretty sure his arm was broken and he was having difficulty breathing. We called some friends to come get the boys and I rushed him to St. Lukes Meridian where they quickly assessed him and realized they could not treat him. The transported him via ambulance to St. Al's where they assessed him in the Trauma center. He broke his radius, had 4 cat scans - has a broken sternum, has 3 compressed vertebrae in his lower back......um.......I think that's it. He had surgery early Friday morning at 1am to put a plate in his arm. He will be released today (Saturday) with a back brace and lots of narcotics. He is in pretty good spirits - but is still hooked up to everything on the bed! Anyways.....this has not been a relaxing weekend for us....needless to say I will not be working this week. Brian's mom, Joan drove up from Twin Falls for the weekend to help withe boys and Brian. We have been blessed with many of our church family around. I am not going to have to cook meals this week, which will be such a blessing. My parents will be here Friday for their regular 6 week visit. You may call or text if you'd like. Brian may like some company later this week at home.... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment