Thursday, February 11, 2010

Random...


So...can you guess what's in my tire? I was driving home from work today and I heard a loud noise and some pulling on the right side of the van. I quickly pulled over and got out and looked all around the car. I was expecting to see a blown tire on the back right...when I walked around, all my tires were intact. Hmmm........I looked under the car to see if I had run over something....nothing. I then inspected the back right tire again - what did I find??? There was a screw driver sticking out! Luckily, my wonderful husband came to my rescue and changed my tire for me. How weird, huh? At least we're all alive and safe!
We got our taxes done last week and we ordered a new sectional! It is suppose to arrive sometime today between 2 and 6pm. We'll post a picture before it gets spilled on! It is a microfiber one...dark brown. We got rid of the old blue couch in the living room, moved the family room couch into the living room and for the past 24 hours, our family room seems huge! We are so excited for the couch!!!
We are also getting a hot tub!! Gasp! Yes, all you mothers out there....I know there are many safety issues when owning a hot tub - and many more expenses...we have thought them all through. We have a friend who's father owns a hot tub store here in Boise. He is getting us a great deal which means we can spend a little more on security...like cinder blocks on top!
Not sure when the hot tub will make it's appearance here...I'm sure we'll have pictures of the boys swimming very soon!
There is no school tomorrow - teacher inservice day. I have chosen to take a personal day - to prepare for the Junior High Winter Retreat. Brian and Cameron are staying home...yes, it is going to be weird...I am cooking the food and thought it would be fun for the big boys to go. Brian is trying to let Mike, our Junior High Director run this event all on his own - and what better way than to stay miles and miles away?!!? Brian will be working on his book (Yes, he's writing a youth pastor book...ask him about it!!) and Cameron will be able to stay on his schedule. The big boys adjust much easier than he does.
Both boys had valentine's day parties at school. They were pretty low-key, just the way I like it! There wasn't too much candy...good for my diet!! We teachers always get all the leftover candy and treats....it's a good thing I'm not really a candy person...the boys have 'crashed' from all the sugar they have consumed today! This evening should be interesting!!
We did take the boys up to Bogus skiing last Saturday. We even took the camera with us! But...it stayed in the car while we were skiing. Sorry! We'll take the camera this weekend to the retreat and post some next week! Look for the couch pictures later this evening!!!
Tata...:)

No comments: