This past weekend, we had our parents come...Maureen's parents arrived late Thursday night, well early Friday morning if you want to be technical. They spent the weekend with us. It had been quiet a while since they had been here, due to Patsy's knee replacement. The boys had such a great time! Cameron really bonded with my dad - we call him Grampy, but Cameron called him Poppy. It was sweet! On Saturday, Brian's parents came over for the day so we could celebrate Curtis' 4th birthday. We went to Red Robin for lunch - Curtis asked if they would sing to him. I said they would if he wanted them to...he said NO! I will kick them if they do! So...we did not have them sing! We sang to him at home when we did his cake - boy he did NOT like all the attention. He is our little performer, but when all the attention is on him, he gets really embarrassed. He got two new outfits (he put his shorts and motorcycle t-shirt on right away! - not shorts weather, but he wore them two days in a row!). He also got a cool new truck with a canoe and tent He played with them for hours...hours!
Cameron was pretty fussy during the weekend. We chalked it up to teething since he's got some pretty big molars coming in. However, Monday afternoon, he wouldn't nap and was screaming...seriously screaming for about 2 hours. He wanted to be held and then as soon as you were holding him, he wanted down. He waled around the house just screaming! I finally called our dr and got him in...double ear infection! Since he was just on amoxicillin two weeks ago, they put him on something stronger. Hopefully this time it does the trick. He's all doped up on tylenol. He seemed pretty good today. However, this evening, I was at math class and Brian was home with the boys - and Cameron fell into the coffee table and has a HUGE goose egg on his forehead! It looks horrible! We'll see how it looks in the morning.
Colin got to go over to a friend's house yesterday after school. He has been to Luke's house before, but the way he got there was different. Because of where we live and where I work is so far apart, Colin has never gotten to ride the school bus. We planned for Colin to ride the school bus home with Luke for his playdate...I was not so sure about this! He was extatic! I kissed him good-bye and cried the whole way back into the school. It was so hard to let him go. I didn't cry the first day of kindergarten, so I felt I was entitled to cry! He had a great time and all was well...I know I have to let them go someday....it's just so hard!
We have been enjoying the Olympics. The boy's favorite has been the Bobsled. Curtis has told me while watching any sport...."Mommy - I'm going to do that when I get big!" My favorite was during the ice dancing - he said he's going to flip me over his shoulder like they did!!! I said no way!! Silly boy! :)
Well...I'm going to bed. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment