1. Maureen got a tetanus shot (dr suggested it since it's been 14 years!). My arm reacted badly - swelled up, turned red, is hard and warm...I can barely move it. Brian even had to help me get dressed yesterday. I know having a tetanus shot is suppose to hurt, but not to this extent. I could not move my right arm at all. I am slowly regaining mobility, but the swollen part is getting worse. I called my dr - they wanted to see me this afternoon. So far, we're treating it as a bad reaction to the tetanus shot. My dr outlined the reaction with a permanent marker - so we can track the swelling. If the benedryl doesn't work, we're going to treat it with antibiotics - she's thinking it might possibly be an infection from the injection site...crazy, huh? Hopefully it starts getting better! Luckily my wonderful husband is in the kitchen right now doing the dishes and packing lunches! I'm going to take a benedryl when the boys go to bed!
2. Colin wasn't feeling well this weekend - said he had a headache and a sore throat. He never had a fever, but we had a down weekend just in case. He even had to skip church and rest on the couch in Brian's office during first service. His eyes looked really sunken in this morning - and he had a slight rash all over. I had our school nurse look at him - he's got Fifth's Disease - by now he's over the contageous stage - the other boys might get it too..we'll see. We just treat him for uncomfortableness...(is that a word?!??!) :)
3. The truck is dead....yes, dead...it started sputtering last night. Brian wasn't quite sure what was wrong, but drove the van to church instead. He drove it to work today after putting some fuel injector fluid in. It worked good - until he went to come home so I could run to my dr for a re-check...it died. Luckily the church has a truck he could borrow. Tomorrow, he's going to get some help and get it to a mechanic - he's not sure what's wrong, but he thinks it's the fuel pump...Shucks Auto Parts says the part is $300!!! Yikes!!!
Anyways.......we're on the road to recovery. We'll keep you posted on the health of our family! Here's some cute school pictures! Hope you enjoy! Cameron is SO close to walking! 



No comments:
Post a Comment