Saturday, July 31, 2010

August already??? No......



We have survived another month of our crazy summer. Brian went to Orlando with our youth group and had a wonderful time. They were there for 12 days total - wh was plenty for him! The heat and humidity were a lot to take. They got to go to Universal Studios for the first day of the trip. And, YES, he did go to Harry Potter land! He was going to buy a wand, but they were $28! Sheesh! For a stick....seriously....anyways...the youth learned a lot at the
conference and had some great team-building time. Then, the leadership students stayed in Florida with Brian and one other leader - for the work portion of the trip. Lets just say doing a work project in Florida is very different than doing one here in Boise - the humidity makes everything a lot stickier! They all made it home safe. Brian has been home this week for our 'family vacation'. We had planned on camping with two families from church, but the weather was not cooperating. So, we stayed home and went to a dollar movie and had a BBQ at our
house. Then, the next day, there was a break in the weather and we all went to the lake for the day. It was fabulous! The kids played in the water all day and almost everyone tried wakeboarding! It was a great 'stay-cation'.
Tonight, our family was outside on the trampoline. Brian jumped off just fine. Colin was next. He tried running off and his foot slipped in between the springs and he landed on the ground - on his right arm....we're icing it now and he's had ibuprofen...we'll see if we need an xray tomorrow!!
Brian goes back to work this week. The boys and I really have a quiet week planned.
Swimming lessons start on the 9th...I start a cake class on Tuesday evening at Michael's....I am SUPER excited to learn some new things!! This cake is one I just made for a co-worker's daughter. My third cake of the summer - I have a wedding cake to make the end of August! I'm really excited and nervous about that one!!
Okay...that's all for now....enjoy the pictures!

No comments: