Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Funtivities!

How I celebrated my 30th birthday!
The boys on the river - the youth kids were floating down in these tubes.
Our family riding on the ski lift up to Brundage Mountain at High school camp

Curtis and Grammy taking a snooze!
If you look closely, all 5 grandboys are peeking out of the playhouse!
Cameron and Ethan Thomas watering Grammy's plants!

Just a random title to this post....I'm watching the Office right now...
July has almost come and gone! We spent a great week at camp and about 24 hours at home before we departed for our next adventures. We came home to a mess....the house-sitter had accidentally killed our fish (she was trying to change the water for us and it didn't work out). The boys weren't too upset since they get to get new ones...Our air conditioner had stopped working the night before we came home. The repair man came within 1 hour of Brian calling them - and it was only a $145 fix. We were able to sleep our one night in somewhat of a cool house. And the final mess...our upright freezer in the garage had been left open for about 24 hours! A bunch of our meat was defrosted... we were able to cook some of it right away and gave a bunch to friends. Oh, and I celebrated my 30th birthday while up at camp. We did it pretty quiet, just the way I like it!
Brian is having a wonderful time in Florida. It is hot and humid, but the kids are having a great time serving and they are almost to the part in the trip where they get to 'play'. Brian actually gets to go to a wakeboarding park tomorrow....he's SO excited! They go to the beach on Friday and then come home Saturday. The group also went to Universal Studios the first day of the trip - he got to go to Harry Potter Land...said it was amazing!
The boys and I have been having a great time here in Yakima. We brought one of our best babysitters with us, Jana. She is a college student who use to be in our youth group. She is included in the group of girls I now call "My Girls!" She is wonderful and has been such a blessing to us. We are so lucky to have her! We drove over to Seattle for a day to visit my family, we have had a few playdates, my cousin and her kids came over from Lake Stevens to swim, we have been in the pool every day! We have had a great time, but we're ready to be home in our own house and beds...the boys are ready to be back to routine and our house. We leave tomorrow...
We have planned to go camping this next week with some friends from church - just for a couple days - Brian has the entire next week off for vacation. We are so ready for some family time!
Our August is going to be pretty quiet. I have a class I'm taking for a few days and the boys are signed up for swimming lessons. The boys have really gotten comfortable in the pool this week - I'm not sure they really need the lessons....we'll see!

No comments: