Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fishing


Well, Colin proves yet again that he is our family 'fisherman'. This past weekend, Brian, Maury (Maureen's dad) and Colin and Curtis went to our church fishing tournament at Anderson Reservoir. Colin was the only one who caught anything. He is so proud of himself! He says it's all because he has a Spiderman fishing pole and that is the key to catching fish...so if you want to catch some fish, go get yourself a Spiderman fishing pole!! :) We did eat them for dinner when they got home - not too bad! I'll still stick with my salmon!! Maureen's parents were able to stay for a long weekend - and even got to stay for a T-ball game! It was a great visit!



Brian is up in McCall this weekend (well, Friday and Saturday) with all the pastors from our church for some prayer and planning. The weather here is so crummy....80% chance of rain today - it has already rained a bit...we have 3 of our friends over for the day - their mom is a pampered chef consultant and has a show....it is 3 boys - Trey is 7, Colin is 6, Devon is 5, Curtis is 4, Ethan is 3 and Cameron is 1 1/2....YES, I AM crazy for doing it...but it keeps my boys occupied - the older two are playing Lego Star Wars on the Wii, and the younger 4 are up dancing to music! I actually just have to check on them periodically and feed them soon!
I was asked last week by one of our pastors' wives to make a graduation cake for her daughter...originally she was going to be feeding 150 people! I was going to tag-team it with my friend, Kami who use to work in a cake shop, however, she recently got a new job at a bakery and doesn't have time to bake...I really didn't feel comfortable or talented enough to make a cake for that many people. She then asked if I'd just make small one for Allie to surprise her....I'm a sucker, so I said yes....here's what I made! I'm pretty proud of it! The cake is lemon poppyseed...can't wait for Allie to see it!
We're getting really excited for this next weekend. We're going camping with Grandpa Joe and Grandma Joan - not really sure where we're going. All I know is that it is about an hour past Twin Falls and it is somewhere we can take the boat. Hopefully this weather shapes up so we can actually enjoy ourselves! It will be a nice relaxing weekend!
Only 11 days of school left - not like we're counting or anything! I am so ready to be done. It has been a fun year with Colin in my class, but I am ready for him to be out of my class! He is one smart kid and is very ready for 1st grade - actually, academically, he is ready for 2nd grade, but we're going to keep him in 1st...we'll see what his new teacher thinks in the fall...as for the fall, we're heading into new territory. The school district I work for is doing some major work to the budget and therefore, has found a way to cut 1.3 million from the budget....going to all-day kindergarten. The schedule is not finalized yet - they are looking at how other districts do all-day as well as waiting for input from parents via a survey. I know it will greatly affect our family - since I've only taught 1/2 days - for 7 years! I was stressed at first...but am actually looking forward to it now. Curtis will be in am preschool MWF and Colin will be in 1st grade all day, and Cameron can go to the church daycare when I work. On the days that I am not teaching, I can volunteer in the boys' classes. I am unable to do that now and really wish I could do it. Some evenings will be really exhausting for us - but I am really curious to see if it makes them sleep better at night... :) It is all in God's hands right now....I am trusting him and am anxious to see what is in store for our family!

No comments: