Saturday, December 5, 2009

Home again, Home again....to a great surprise!

Well....Cameron and I are home safe...our flights weren't super full, so both flights, they kept the seat next to me open so Cameron could have room to move. He actually fell asleep right after take-off on the flight from Seattle to Boise and I had to wake him up when we had landed...that was nice! We were welcomed home by a wonderful welcoming committee! The three boys were so happy to see us. They greeted us with hugs and kisses and repeatedly told us "we're so happy you're home!" It made us feel loved! They also said they had a surprise for us...but we had to wait til we got home to see it. I asked many questions, but they wouldn't spoil the surprise! Luckily we don't' live too far from the airport...Brian had spent quite a bit of his free time this week assembling new cabinets for our family room. I have been asking for something like this for years --- we had seen them on sale at Fred Meyer, but decided we needed to complete our emergency fund before we bought them...well, my wonderful husband decided since I let him buy the dirt bike, I deserved something special...the cabinets! Here's the picture!! I LOVE THEM!! They hold all our movies, books and picture albums. We were even able to eliminate the bookshelf in the office - so we moved the treadmill in there. I think overall, this is going to be a great set-up!!! It does make our tv look rather small, but we're happy with it (for now!)

We spent today doing grocery shopping , well I did...the boys were home napping and watching BSU football...the boys have really enjoyed being around Cameron again - especially since he's walking everywhere now and talking so much more! He grew up so much in one week! Brian is at a youth event - "Un-Stuff the Bus"....yes, I know that sounds silly...all day today, you could go drop off a new toy at any Fred Meyer location - on the bus....at the end of the day, they drive the buses to the Salvation Army and need help unloading. Our youth group did it last year as a service project - they did such a good job, they asked if we could come back! It's always a fun event!
My three boys are in the bath tub right now... I'd better go make sure the water stays in the tub! Cameron has learned how to splash...he thinks he's hilarious!!!
Here are a few pictures! We had our first real snowfall recently...the big boys got to go play. Cameron did not...he really wanted to go play! I know, I'm a mean mom for not letting him! He was still crawling at the time and I really didn't want to get him all bundled up for 2 minutes of play...



We went to see Santa at the mall the Saturday after Thanksgiving...it was pretty uneventful- no screaming!

No comments: