Wow, it's been a while since we've posted on the blog! We're back on our regular schedule for fall and life is just passing us by!
Colin is doing wonderful in kindergarten! I tested him on Friday and he's reading at a 1.6-2.6 reading level (that means 1st grade to 2nd grade)....he's amazing! He has had his feelings hurt a few times - I gave stickers or candy to a few kids who were following directions. He wasn't one of them! Oh was he mad!!! Gotta learn! - I still have 27 kids in my class. We were given approval this past week to hire another teacher. We are now going through the process of figuring out who gets to go to the new teacher. So far, no one wants to leave my room. That's a good sign, right!??!? I have 17 boys and only 9 girls. I really would like a lot of my boys to go - lots of naughty boys! Colin isn't one of them!! :) We'll see how things go this next week. The principal has the final word on who goes and who stays! But, in the end, I have to share my classroom - I really didn't want to share, but I don't have a choice!
Curtis is really enjoying preschool. He doesn't want talk about it when he gets home. At first, we thought that was weird, but I sat down with him one night - just he and I. We went through all his papers and he was more than happy to discuss with me. I really think having Colin be so academic has really intimidated Curtis. Hopefully this doesn't continue for the rest of his education!!!
Cameron is doing amazing! His feet are healing well. He recently had his 1 year check up and is in the 50th percentile for height, weight and head circumference. He's just perfect! He gave Brian quite a scare the other morning...Brian had to go out to the garage to load his bike into the truck (he was taking his motorcycle test on Thursday - which he passed!). He figured it would only take 5 minutes. He took Curtis out with him and left Cameron in the house. He closed all the doors and left him playing with his toys. When he came back in the house, he couldn't find Cameron. He looked everywhere...downstairs. We didn't know Cameron could go up stairs...well, after 3 trips through the house, he really started freaking out. Colin's bedroom door was shut, so Brian didn't think Cameron could get in there...he went all through the house. He was really starting to worry. He then decided to open all the doors...Cameron had crawled up the stairs - all 14 of them, gone into Colin's room, shut the door and climbed up onto Colin's mattress and was playing with one of Colin's stuffed animals. He just laughed when Brian found him! We think he was playing hide and seek! Guess we'll be using the baby gate all the time now!
The boys are in watching the BSU game right now...they sure enjoy time with daddy! I wanted to decorate the house for fall tonight...going to have to wait til tomorrow...or sometime this next week! Oh how I love fall!
We'll post some pictures of Family Camp soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment