Yes, we are sick again here in the Seidel house! Here's how it all began....as you may remember, Curtis was sick last week (threw up 4 times - you can read the previous blog entry if you want more details! Yucky!)...anyways.....it was beautiful here yesterday and the boys were outside playing with daddy. Curtis got a huge sliver in his foot - Brian and I had to hold him down to dig it out! He screamed for so long, but we finally got it out. So, Curtis and I were cuddling on the couch after the 'surgery' and he says to me, "mommy, my ear hurts." Oh man....it was 8:00pm...I looked at Brian and said "Ear infection - that's why he hasn't been eating and has been super grumpy!" I knew it was going to be a very long night because the Dr didn't open til 8am! Yup, I was right. He cried almost nonstop til about 2am. We were so frustrated. He had Tylenol, a warm wash cloth, and lots of cuddles. Nothing seemed to relax him. He slept on the floor by my side of the bed...Finally, I gave him cold medicine with antihistamine in it - knocked him out. YES! Finally, we can get some rest....not so fast!!! About an hour later, Colin woke me up and said "mommy, I just threw up in my bed!" Oh man! So I moved Colin to Curtis' bed and we made it to 7am.
Brian had to stay home with the boys - I was getting a new student (yes that makes 26!), we had an 8 o'clock staff meeting and I needed to print my report cards! Plus, my new intervention is starting tomorrow and I needed to get organized. Thankfully Brian was able to reschedule all of his appointments and could take Curtis to the dr. By the way, Amanda Simonet is a god-sent! She is one of our high-schoolers who is taking college classes at NNU and she was able to come watch Colin and Cameron so Brian didn't have to lug the whole brood to the dr and the pharmacy! WE LOVE AMANDA! -- Yes, Curtis did have a double ear infection. He also most likely has strep (unfortunately, it is not strep in his throat - yes, you can get strep elsewhere... - it's in his bum...I don't want to elaborate much, but it is warm down there and things can grow easily. He's been itching quite a bit)...the dr said the ammoxicillin will get rid of it as well as fix the ear infections.
So, now everyone is in bed - Colin still isn't feeling up to par - hasn't eaten much, but has not thrown up again. Curtis is getting some much needed rest and I have work to do! Thanks for listening!! Please just keep the Seidel family in your prayers!
2 comments:
this is my nightmare. you poor family!
That's awful, Maureen! I'm so sorry about the boys! Well, it will be over soon hopefully.
Post a Comment