Sunday, August 29, 2010

Great Grandkids


I (Maureen) flew to Seattle on Thursday evening. The funeral for David, my husband's cousin was Friday. It was a very emotional day - I don't think I have ever cried so much in my life. David was a wonderful father and husband. (LeeAnn is on the far right of the picture). David was rowing a crew boat last Thursday when his boat was hit by a ski boat. He was thrown from his boat and sank. It took search and rescue 24 hours before they found his body. David and LeeAnn have 4 wonderful children. We took the rare opportunity to take a picture of the 5 great grand kids all together - not sure when we''ll all be together again. My sister Melissa is on the far left, my brother Michael is in the white shirt, my cousin Doug is in the black and his sister LeeAnn is on the right. It was so nice that we could all be there to support LeeAnn and the kids.
I am home now - my parents are also here for the weekend - through Tuesday. We all start school tomorrow! We're all pretty excited! We'll post pictures soon from that!!!

No comments: