On Wednesday of this week, Brian received a phone call saying that T-ball practice started this Friday! Wow! What notice! We have been told that's pretty common with Little League! It's all new to us! We already had plans for the evening (a youth sponsored movie night at church). So, mommy went to practice instead of daddy... We really weren't sure what to expect. Colin practiced with daddy in the back yard. Colin wasn't watching and got a nice goosebump on his chin! He's actually pretty good at throwing and catching - he just needs to pay attention!
Practice was great! The coach is Duane. He has a son on the team, Jake. He and Colin became instant friends! The coach is wonderful with the kids. I told the other parents he needs to teach kindergarten! They did some throwing, some fielding, running the bases, and then hitting. Colin said his favorite part was hitting! Their color is Maroon - he'll get a shirt and hat...they get to decide on a team name together...here are a few pictures of the practice. I'm afraid I was the only mom taking pictures...oh well! I don't care! There are 12 kids on the team - 1 girl and 11 boys! All are from Silver Sage Elementary where Colin will go next year. About half the team is in 1st grade and the other half is in kindergarten. I really think it's going to be a fun time for all - except Curtis...he went with daddy to church instead of going to practice. I'm afraid he's going to throw a fit when he can't play - however, I made friends with another family, actually the only girl on the team...they have 4 year old twin girls, Hannah and Grace. I have a feeling Curtis will enjoy playing with them! Wish us luck! 1, 2, 3 Maroon Team!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment