Friday, July 24, 2009

Dead Camera & Crawling

Well......our camera has died. I (Maureen) left the camera in my purse and without thinking, tossed a bottle in it. It was not a full bottle, but it did have a small amount of formula left in it...well, the formula got into the camera and it is now officially dead. We would gladly run out and use our 'emergency fund' to replace it, but we just spent $650, yes, I said $650 on two new windows for our van. We got home Tuesday afternoon from a church staff camping trip to Lagoon (in Salt Lake City, UT) when Brian was unloading the van. The boys and I were inside...he undid a bungee cord and it snapped across the top of the van and struck the side slider window and shattered it. He wasn't injured - just knew it was a costly disaster. The slider window was $425...because it is a special order part. They don't normally stock that window. We also had a few cracks in our front windshield and thought since the glass company was coming out, why not replace it too. We only have liability insurance on the van...so it was all out of pocket! Yikes! Oh yeah, and we finally got the credit card bill for the wedding trip to Yakima! Wow....so, unfortunately, the dead camera is going to have to stay dead for a while until we can get our emergency fund back to where it needs to be! I know that to many of you family members, having a camera is an emergency,....but it'll have to wait!
On a lighter note, Cameron Riker Seidel has officially decided to CRAWL!!! Yes, I know he's almost 11 months old and that he should almost be walking by now............I am reminded that I should not compare my children to other children! If I compare them to each other, he's right on track. All 3 of my boys have crawled late...they eventually walk and run...and to quote my wise mother...."as long as he walks by the time he goes to Kindergarten!"... :) He just realized how to go forward this evening. The big boys were pretty excited! Curtis has decided it is his job to close all doors so Cameron doesn't get into rooms he's not allowed. They take such great care of him! He now has 4 teeth - two top and two bottom and is working very hard on cutting the top two on either side of the front ones. Teething has been really difficult for him...we have used a lot of Tylenol.
Brian was finally back in the office this week. He has been gone for so long - Yakima for the wedding and then southern California for the student leadership conference. They drove - it was HOT! They had a great time and learned so much. We then went with the church staff to Lagoon - a theme park. It was so fun! The boys could do all of the little kid rides! It is a very family friendly park...very clean and well run. The lines were short and the attendants would buckle the kids. Curtis' favorite ride were the boats, Colin's favorite ride was the dragon roller coaster. Colin was tall enough to ride many of the big rides, but wasn't quite ready for them! He rode one with Brian - it was too fast for him! The boys really liked the Rattlesnake Rapids ride - a family style ride where you get really wet!!! Cameron couldn't ride on it, so we took turns! Brian was able to go on lots of big rides with his fellow pastors - I only went on the Rapids one and a kid pirate boat...all low key! I am not a ride person! We camped at a campsite right next to the park...it was hot and loud, but convenient...we saved a lot of money by having lunch and dinner at our campsite. All in all, it was a great trip--- except for the broken window at the end!
I had a reading class yesterday and today - 8:30-4:00...we had Jana here watching the boys. She did a GREAT job! Now, we just have a few weeks left until school starts! YIKES!!
Brian has one more trip to California...the Mission Trip to San Francisco...should be a fun trip. The boys and I will be happy here at home!
We'll keep you updated on the status of 'new camera'.....not to disappoint you, but it might be a while!!

No comments: