Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday at Home

Today, Brian got the opportunity to go dirt bike riding/quad riding. We do not own any type of recreation vehicle, except the boat. The quad in the picture below belongs to our Junior High director, Mike. This is not on mommy's approved list of activities, but daddy is a big boy and can make his own decisions! I hate it when he goes out doing these kind of activities! Someone always gets hurt.....so far, I have not gotten any emergency phone calls! He should be home with in the hour so we shall see!
This is a long weekend for us. Friday, there was no school for Meridian kids (we teachers had an inservice and time to work on our report cards). There is no school this Monday either, due to the MLK holiday, or as the Meridian School District so politically correctly calls it - Human Rights Day.

Today, I was at home with the boys all day long! Brian was at the Men's prayer breakfast at church and then off dirt biking. Tomorrow is church and small groups as usual. Monday, Brian is taking the youth group up to Bogus for a youth ski day. Since the boys know how to ski, I could possibly take them up, but we'd have to find someone to watch Cameron and there's NO WAY I'm taking both boys by myself (since the ski day is a youth event, Brian is suppose to pay attention to the youth kids, not his own...) Therefore, the boys and I are staying home again! We may have a play date with a friend, but we shall see. There is no way I am venturing to McDonalds on a 'no school' day....I have tried that before and it is insane! I think the library is closed on Monday...hopefully it's warm enough we can get outside to the park.

With all of my laundry done and put away, my dishwasher empty :), beds all made, there is nothing else to do. Oh wait.........there's the unfortunate task of finishing my report cards! I hate report cards....and I teach kindergarten - the easiest grade to do report cards for. Lord, please give me some motivation to complete them!! As all of you teachers out there know....since my report cards aren't going home til Thursday, I technically don't have to have them finished until Wednesday, right?? I know, I know...better get them done when I have free time! Okay, I'll get to them soon, I promise!

Okay, well, Brian should be home very soon and I need to finish dinner (a marinated pork roast, mashed potatoes w/pan gravy, and corn)....enjoy the picture. The boys are just sitting on the quad - they want to ride so bad...again, not on mommy's approved activity list! :)

No comments: